Many people think homophobia is out the door. For what it’s worth, I think in North America its no longer as trendy to be physically violent and directly aggressive about someones orientation. I will be the first to admit we have come a long way in a short amount of time. However, I will also be first to say that homophobic attitudes are still very much alive and well in our society. This often rears its ugly head through subtle and not so subtle commentary. While many people no longer feel the need to physically kick our asses they do however feel the need to make sure we understand they mean “no homo” in public and “let’s experiment” in private.
Inspired by all the women that think we “want to bang them”, here are 10 things that kinda suck to continue saying to gay people (and what we really think):
1.My cousins-sisters-brothers-cats-nephews-pastors-wives-aunts-birds-dentists-dog is gay. Do you know him?”
2. “Which one of you is the man?”
Well gee, according to my hair length…
3. “But a woman can’t “fuck like a man”.
4. “You shouldn’t be able to use dildos, you made your choice”
And you shouldn’t be able to do anal. You made yours.
5.”You’ve never been with a man?! So you’re a virgin?!”
Sure. I’ll be whatever you want me to be baby.
6. “I love Ellen…. You look like Ellen… WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON’T LIKE ELLEN?!”
7. “I would never show you my boobs. You’re a lesbian.”
Please don’t. I have my own.
8. “Is it sex if there’s no dick?”
My orgasm sure thinks it is.
9. “Do you find me attractive?”
Please don’t make me hurt your feelings.
10. “So like how do you know you’re gay? Like how do you ACTUALLY know because I’m trying to get my daughter to be a lesbian.”
Just let her near one. Apparently being near us is more than enough to shatter your orientation.